1. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations.
Crowd Media Inc.
245 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10016
2. User Consent.
3. A Note About Children.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
5. Types of Data We Collect.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
Information Collected via Technology.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail, state of residence, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- We may collect additional information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as height, weight and age. You are not required to submit such information; however, if you do not, then you may have limited access to certain features and functionality of the Services.
- We may also collect your interests if you choose to sign up for our newsletter for news and exclusive offers.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our Services let you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location and safe search settings. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number so that we can send you an SMS message to authenticate your Account. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- When you order products or services on our Application, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information may be shared with third parties who will help process and fulfill your purchases.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, videos, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Application, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). When you post messages on the message boards on our Application, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. Comments on any message boards may be subject to our approval before being posted on the Application.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Application that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Application and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
6. Information Collected from You About Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at [email protected] to request the removal of this information from our database. As part of your use of the Services, we provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with your friends. We employ various techniques in order to facilitate friends finding each other on our service, including offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts (including contacts in your email applications, and/or mobile device contacts list) so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book, call log and SMS log, and import your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, image, geographic location and Facebook IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. We do this only for contact matching to help your friends and you find each other. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we will access your mobile device contacts list and we will import your contacts’ names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Application. We may also send an SMS message to invite your friends who we find through your mobile device contacts list. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
7. Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with any third party site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Application navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Application and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Application and Services;
- send you a welcome SMS message to authenticate your Account when you register with us;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
- Users. We will share your Personal Data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Application; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third Party Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any Third Party Company for the Third Party Company’s own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of these Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
- Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in the public areas of the Application. You are solely responsible for applying the appropriate level of access to information you provide to be displayed in the public areas of the Application. If you do not choose, the system may default to its most permissive setting. Your photos, posts, and other content you post to the Application are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Application and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Application, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
- Protected Health Information. Any content that you post to the Application may not contain Protected Health information (PHI) as defined under HIPAA. Examples of PHI include information your doctors and health care providers put in your medical record, conversations with your doctor about your care or treatment or payment history if that information can be linked to you as an individual.
9. Third Party Websites.
10. Your Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their user account by editing their Account via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. To serve ads in our Application where Cookie technology is not available, the Company hashes users’ device ID. Users may choose to reset or opt out of anonymous IDs at any time. If users choose to opt out, ads delivered to the Application by ad serving technology will not be served on an anonymous ID. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by changing your settings on your mobile device.
11. Security of Credit Card and Bank Account Information.
For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/privacy.